Whether DF16 is your first or tenth time attending what Salesforce has proclaimed "the largest software conference on the planet," everyone can use a refresher on how to get the most out of your experience. Here are a few pointers.
- Sessions: With 1,600+ sessions, 400+ theaters, 100+ hours of hands-on training, 75 Circles of Success, and 25 workshops, navigating the mountain of content at DF16 might be a challenge. Here's a great blog post on all things Agenda Builder to help. Be sure to sign up for sessions early as they do fill up.
- Face time: Take stock in the key stakeholders that you need face time with at Dreamforce. Lock in important conversations by scheduling meetings with customers and partners. Optimize your schedule by arranging those meetings in advance. Let's meet!
- Dining: When it comes to the number of restaurants per capita, San Francisco crushes every other city in the nation. It will do you well to make reservations before you hit town. Check out SF Eater's current Hot List and also the popular 100 Best List from the SF Chronicle. (This is making me hungry...)
- Parties: The parties never stop at Dreamforce but the guest lists do. Be sure to RSVP to invitations or you might be left on the curb.
- What should you pack? One word: layers. I'm still surprised that people coming to town are caught off-guard by the weather. It's a grab bag so be like an onion and dress in layers. Plus you never know what the temperature of your session room will be. The overall vibe of Dreamforce is casual, not suits. Wear comfortable shoes and slap on your Fitbit - you're going to clock some miles just walking around each day. Lastly, bring portable chargers for your mobile devices, as places to plug in might be scarce. Heavy laptops can weigh you down, especially at social events.
- Getting your badge: With 160,000+ people clamoring to get their badge, lines can get a little hectic. Try to pick up your badge on Monday or at the crack of dawn on Tuesday.
- Transportation: Getting around can be a breeze if you know your options. Escape the downtown gridlock by jumping on the underground MUNI or BART trains. Here's a good overview of San Francisco transportation basics.
- The Partner Lodge Oasis: Need to escape the insanity of the Cloud Expo? The Partner Lodge is the place for you. It's home base for Partners and is located in the Park Central Hotel. This is an excellent spot for content, meetings and meals. Come say hi to us - CodeScience is the Presenting Sponsor of the Partner Lodge and our booth is here.
- Epic Only in SF Experiences: Have a bit of extra time during your visit? Check out this list of things not to miss in the City by the Bay.
- Get smart: It will be impossible to catch every session on your wish list. Luckily, many of the sessions are captured on video so you can gather all of that knowledge post event. We'll post links to our sessions on our website afterwards as well.
There's no getting around it. Dreamforce is a monster of an event, chock full of opportunities around every corner. Take care of yourself. Hydrate. Bring Advil. Meet new connections. Enjoy!