Not having multiple defensible moats around your SaaS business can greatly hinder growth and lead to losing ground to your competition. Without them, your business is likely an API accessible database in the cloud that can easily be replaced. But how do you build these moats?
CodeScience is hosting a live webinar with Insight Venture Partners on the importance of building moats, the benefits they hold, and how ISV ecosystems help create them. CodeScience CEO Brian Walsh and Nintex Drawloop Director of Strategic Alliances Sean Hogan are ecosystems experts that have years of experience developing ecosystems that naturally create defensible moats.
Systems of Record and Systems of Engagement are positioned to build ISV ecosystems that can provide multiple moats around your business, setting you up for long-term success. The benefits of this strategy are:
- More efficient capital spend as partners will fund building out functional gaps
- Lower total cost of ownership of the platform by providing turnkey applications rather than SI customizations
- Significantly decreased attrition as partner applications can drive additional use cases and innovation
- Increased lifetime value
- Additional level of defensibility — competitors will need to build out rival ecosystems
- Brings in specialized partners
However, if you are not the system of engagement or the system of record, you need to have compelling, turnkey apps on each of the relevant systems. These apps will then enable:
- Lower total cost of ownership by presenting functionally complete integrations
- Ownership of the integration, rather than System Integrators or customers handling it
- Upsell opportunities
- Growth alongside fast growing platforms (i.e. Salesforce, ServiceNow, Adobe Cloud)
- Increased customer base
- Potential to move upstream to larger customers
- Increased LTV and reduced attrition
- Increased defensibility as competitors will need to match the integrations
Creating — and maintaining — successful ecosystems will drive the next level of growth in SaaS; they generate exponential opportunities, but it can be tricky to master. Learn the ropes from Brian Walsh and Sean Hogan, who’s companies have both found rapid success through this strategy.
This webinar will share:
- The 6 core reasons why ISV ecosystems make sense
- The 3 types of platforms to support ecosystems
- The 3 types of UI integration layers to assist ISVs that integrate
- How ISV ecosystems provide defensibility and network effects
- The challenges for your product management team as they transition to having an ecosystem
- Roles required for your organization to successfully manage a thriving ecosystem
- And more!
Even if you can’t attend the live webinar, you can still register and we’ll send you the recording in a follow-up — you won’t want to miss these valuable insights!
Need help navigating the Salesforce Ecosystem? We’re your go-to PDO! Contact us today and we’ll guide you through the process.